Embattled cop’s mother testifies
The mother of Rosemary Ndlovu, Maria Mushwana, has denied allegations that her daughter killed six of their family members including her boyfriend, Maurice Mabasa, to accrue around R1.4 million of insurance pay-outs.
Rosemary Ndlovu is a former police officer who was stationed at the Thembisa police station, based in the Gauteng East Rand. Her mother, Mushwana, testified in her defense on 16 September 2021 in the Palm Ridge Magistrates Court.
When questioned about the whereabouts of her daughter on 22 January 2018; the day that her nephew, Brilliant Mashego, disappeared from their family homes in Bushbuckridge , the elderly Mushwana said Rosemary was not at home at the time.
“Ndlovu did not come home on 22 January. She only came home the day before Mashego’s funeral. Mashego was at my house on 22 January before his disappearance. He came to greet me, saying he was going to Nelspruit, using a bus.” Mushwana said.
— keryn (@keryn178) September 14, 2021
— Nomthi (@NomteeB) September 14, 2021
As the ramifications of Rosemary’s story started to protrude, a friend called Charlotte Maluleke testified that on 23 January 2018, Rosemary and Mashego arrived at her place to borrow money because Mashego wanted to travel to Bushbuckridge. The witness claimed that she gave them R300 and last saw them on that day.
The nephew was later found killed on 24 January 2018 in Dwarsloop market.
The state also claimed that Rosemary Ndlovu had planned to kill her mother, hiring a hitman called Lakhiwe Mkhize. In response to the state, Mushwana denied allegations.
” I never worried about it because I was never threatened by anyone at my place,” Mushwana stated.
A list of Rosemary Ndlovu’s alleged victims;
1. In 2012, Rosemary’s cousin, Madala Homu, was found dead in Olifantsfontein, and she allegedly claimed R 131 000.
2. In 2013, Rosemary’s sister, Audrey Ndlovu, was found poisoned and strangled to death in her rented room in Thembisa, and she allegedly claimed R 717 000.
3. Again in 2013, Rosemary’s niece, Zanele, was certified dead on arrival at Arwyp hospital.
4. In 2015, her boyfriend, Maurice Mabasa, was also killed, and She allegedly claimed R416,000.
5. Her niece, Zanele Motha, was killed in June 2016, and she allegedly claimed R120,000. 6. The last victim, that Rosemary had allegedly killed is, Brilliant Mashego, the son of her sister, Audrey Ndlovu in 2018.
The court case continues on Friday, 17 September 2021.