KZN Premier reshuffles cabinet
Addressing the media, the recently elected premier emphasised that as provincial government they will prioritise the importance of working in unison.
KZN PREMIER NOMUSA DUBE-NCUBE ANNOUNCES THE NEW PROVINCIAL EXECUTIVE COUNCIL https://t.co/y1wJbcF0e8
— KZN Provincial Gov (@kzngov) August 11, 2022
“We need to strive to make sure that the lives of the people of KwaZulu-Natal are changed and the province needs to be better. We need to deal with the issues of poverty, inequity in the economy. We need to ensure that our people from the rural areas and the townships get to benefit from the work that the government is doing,” said Dube-Ncube.
The list of MEC’s and their departments is as follows:
- MEC for Agriculture and Rural Development – Bongi Sithole-Moloi
- MEC for Co-operative Governance and Traditional Affairs – Sihle Zikalala
- MEC for Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs – Siboniso Duma
- MEC for Education – Mbali Frazer
- MEC for Finance – Peggy Nkonyeni
- MEC for Health – Nomagugu Simelane
- MEC for Human Settlements and Public Works – Dr. Nkululeko Ntuthuko Mahlaba
- MEC for Social Development – Nonhlanhla Khoza
- MEC for Sport, Art and Culture – Amanda Mapena
- MEC for Transport, Community Safety and Liaison – Sipho Hlomuka
Dube-Ncube thanked the former premier, Sihle Zikalala and all the MECs who have left the office.
“We wish to salute them for their contribution in creating a stronger province, socially and economically. We will do all our ultimate best to ensure that all our public servants remain motivated,” Dube-Ncube concluded.
Images sourced from: (16) KwaZulu-Natal Provincial Government | Facebook & (2) KZN Provincial Gov (@kzngov) / Twitter