Naked 23-year-old man survives a burning house
Naked Umlazi man jumps out the window after the electric fire broke out in the room he was sleeping in.
Relatives, Nosanda and Ndumiso Macele 33 years old had been sleeping when the fire broke out and they say they heard the noise when their 23-year-old nephew tried to break the window and the bugler guard to rescue himself.
Nosanda said the fire broke out in the early hours of Saturday. Macele stays in the outside room stated that her uncle arrived home drunk at about 10 pm on Friday and went to sleep.
“My cousin Sphumelele told me he arrived at about 1.30 am and had been on his phone when he heard a bang like an electric fault. He went outside and checked the electricity pole, checked around the house but saw nothing. He said when he climbed into bed he saw electric sparks in the room he was in, the flame quickly rose to the roof where it came into contact with plastic, fueling it. He broke the window and escaped,” Macele told IOL news.
“I didn’t register what he said as I was half asleep. When he came a second time I walked out to see flames, that’s when I saw he was naked and I gave him a towel. We went to get help from neighbours after he told me that our uncle was still asleep inside. The room where the fire started was the only one in the house without a burglar guard so Sphumelele went looking for a hammer.”
Macele said the fire burnt everything in their home and Sphumelele lost everything. She said that her uncle is in hospital after sustaining burns from the fire.