Nine people brutally murdered in KwaNdengezi
Police Minister Bheki Cele visited KwaNdengezi Community, west of Durban on Monday after the brutal killing of nine people in the area over the weekend.
The Minister promised to work hard to find the perpetrators and said he would do everything in his power to find those responsible for the killings of nine people.
It is said that the victims were killed in two separate incidents on Saturday. 11 people were violently killed in another weekend in the province. Nine of the victims are still in critical condition in various incidents. Police said the charges were not linked. Residents of Ndengezi are still confused and frustrated.
According to the police, the motive for the killings is still unknown, but in one case it was suspected that a crime had been committed against a group of people who were determined to quell the violence.
Bheki Cele said, “the first information is that they approve of having committed some kind of crime, they talk about stock theft and all that and looks like those people were picked up and put in this one place and executed.” It is alleged the first of five people was killed in a massacre.
” We would be very happy if the police could immediately find the culprits who caused so much harm to innocent people, the Minister must move.” Bongekile Sithole.
Cele said the outbreak of violence in the province was worrying and needed to be addressed.
A team has been appointed to investigate the weekend’s incidents, and police have been deployed to Ndengezi to monitor the situation.